Make a plan to plan:
Planning to ‘plan’ for your wedding may sound like more work than needed, but in reality it will make your life easier. By being organized and having a written plan of everything that needs to be done, you will be able to stay on top of all the details and get everything done!
- Set-up an event timeline.
- Add deadlines including when important items need to be decided upon.
- Make sure to add ‘planning time’ with your fiancé.
- Make a list of each person who is helping and what they are in charge of.
After ever goal is reach take some time off and celebrate that you are even closer to being married. This will make you excited for completing other goals and get you motivated to keep planning.
- Go out on a date together or stay in for a relaxing night at home.
- Find something to reward yourselves for completing a goal.
- Give yourself a bigger reward when you finish larger goals.
Make it into a game:
The best way to enjoy planning is to make it a game. Come up with a unique way to make wedding tasks fun and enjoy this quality time together.
- Make a friendly competition out of it
- Split the responsibilities and see who can finish first.
- Bet on who will RSVP’s yes or no.
Ask for help:
Sometimes you need an outsider’s opinion to make those decisions that you and your fiancé just can’t agree on.
- Don’t be afraid to ask your friends and family for help, they know you well and can help make decisions they know you will love!
- Ask people who are already married, they have gone through this and can give you advice on how to make decisions.
Don’t stress yourself out:
Nothing will ever be perfect, so if the florist you’ve always wanted to use moves, or your fiancé’s best friend doesn’t have enough money to be in the wedding party, don’t worry. None of that is going to matter at the end of the day. You are marrying the love of your life, and that is what makes all the planning worthwhile!
For more stress-free wedding tips check out these links below:
For more information on Carl House click here!
Photos by: Stevi Clack Photography, Heather Wall Photography, Peach Blossom Photography, Photo Collective Weddings, Lumi Pixel Photography