When only the charm and gentility of the Old South will do, Carl House is the ideal destination for your special day. Lovingly restored to its original white columned majesty and surrounded by lush, formal gardens, this traditional antebellum-style home provides the perfect backdrop for your cherished memories.
Ideal for indoor or outdoor ceremonies, rehearsal dinners, and receptions, our gardens and elegant 4,000 sq. ft. ballroom with its dramatic staircase will provide every bride with the entrance of a lifetime.
When you choose Carl House, your wedding is the star. No “factory weddings” allowed. We reserve the house and grounds for only one wedding at a time so your care and comfort can be our highest priority.
The grand ballroom with mezzanine, suspended stair, fireplace and covered porches can accommodate a seated dinner for 250 or an elegant buffet for 350.
Carl House specializes in customized event proposals based on our client’s individualized needs including season, day of the week, time of day, menu and beverage selections. When you meet with our Wedding Specialist to tour the Carl House estate, she will create a custom proposal based on your guest count and event selections.
What’s included with my booked event?
The Carl House experience was designed with beautiful weddings in mind! With our exquisitely appointed home, ballroom and grounds, our intention is to make your planning easy with little need for additional décor.
Our Ceremony/Pre-Event Rental includes two hours use of our outdoor ceremony gardens and gazebo or inside our grand ballroom.
Our Estate Rental Fee includes most everything you will need to make your event a grand success. Private use of the four-acre estate and gardens for four or four and one-half hours (depending on package selected) , tables, mahogany chiavari chairs, flatware, stemware, china, linens (white or ivory), tall silver candle stand centerpieces and in-house décor and decorations.
Typical Ceremony & Rental Timing:
- Evening: 5:30pm-11:30pm with a 7:00pm ceremony
- Daytime: 10:00am-4:00pm with an 11:30am ceremony
- All-day estate rentals are also available.
- Picturesque garden ceremony setting or inside our grand ballroom. We offer an easy and stress-free rain back up plan!
- Our Carl House Wedding Director for up to 11 hours. She will assist you with planning your complete ceremony and reception. (Additional hours available upon request)
- Floral/Rental Item Credit (depending on package selected) from our in-house Floral Designer.
- One hour of scheduled rehearsal time.
- Two hours for set- up and/or for your ceremony immediately prior to your reception.
- Your reception celebration with in-house culinary and bar service.
- Two beautifully appointed dressing rooms for the wedding party with a television for the groomsmen (to check on ‘the game’), and a picturesque and spacious marbled dressing room for the ladies.
- Event Manager who assists your family and guests as needed.
- Quality buffet or plated menu options prepared by our in-house Executive Chef.
- Beverages including non-alcoholic, champagne, beer and wine, full bar or specialty drink served at our granite bar (depending on package selected)
- Cake Plating includes cake stand, china plates, napkins and flatware displayed on an elegant linen with your cake hand served to your guests.
- Experienced and well trained service team to serve you and your guests.
- Set-up, break down, and cleanup of your event.
- Private use of the entire Carl House estate with gorgeous photographic options for memories in the making!
What else might you need?
Not much! We are happy to recommend preferred professionals to complete your planning, including: wedding cakes, photography, officiant and DJ or live music options.
We delight in helping to customize your unique Carl House experience
making it both extraordinary and memorable!
Photos by: Jacquie Rives Photography, Sunny Lee Photography, Christi Sue Photography, and Sarah Eubanks Photography